Friday, April 26, 2013

Denver Part Two

I wasn’t kidding when I said we fit so many events into that 3 day weekend. So much stuff to share!

We had a minor setback on Sunday morning. I thought I saw a bug (which was really Troy’s phone) and somehow fell out of the bed backwards. I ended up hurting my ankle. It was another one of those “only me” moments.
091


After icing it for a little I was good to go do some shopping! The only thing we did end up buying was some hemp beauty products and lots of coffee mugs. No surprise there right? Winking smile I love my coffee.
093
078 076
I traveled all the way to Denver to try Chipotle. No okay that’s not true, but I finally got to try it! I got chicken on corn tortillas loaded up with lettuce, salsa, and sour cream. After hearing such great things about it, I have to say I was a little disappointed. I mean it was good, but just okkkkkkay. I think too much grease for me. It made me feel all blah after.
079
After that we headed to the expo with Jamie and Joe. OH man was it crowded! This was just a line for food!
099
They were selling huge turkey legs, like those ones at Medieval Times. I rolled with my Quest bar that I snuck in Smile
100
One of my favorite parts about Colorado was the Red Rock concert venue. It’s literally a rock haha. Talk about having the best natural acoustics for a concert. Awesome time even though it was freeeeeeezing! Slightly Stoopid put on a great show, plus we had vip tickets so we were so close to the stage.
088
I guess we should focus on some food huh? It was THAT good. Eggs, bacon, sausage, and potatoes I could eat everyday. Don’t let my plate fool you I went back for seconds of that bacon.
095
Troy and I love breakfast food so much we needed a repeat the next day. Before we left on Monday we headed over to a local egg diner. Let’s just say we both left stuffed! Just look at all that cheese on my eggs. Delicious.
122

120
Before we left we made sure to do a 711 run. We had to refill the mini fridge. $7 Fiji water is insane, so we stocked up at 711 and filled the fridge back up. Haha this is the way cheap college students travel.
123
 We waited by the nice fireplace for our taxi and then it was off to the airport.
125
Overall, the trip was so nice because we got to spend time together. Life can get too busy with work, school, and just whatever in general. We even got the same sweatshirts to match Smile
We both had a good laugh at this photo since it looks like both are arms are from the same person hah.

What are you guys up to this weekend?
I am having a wild night filled with math! Hoping to finally finish this project so I can stop stressing about it.

4 comments:

  1. Your breakfast food looks amazing! I could totally go for those cheesy eggs AND the breakfast potatoes. Yum, yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast foods are the best! Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your story about falling out of the bed because you thought you saw a bug also sounds exactly like something I would do! Bugs freak me out and I tend to be a little clumsy. But aside from that, it sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read your other recaps. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation!! Loved seeing all the photos.. but girl, your poor ankle =( I feel bad because I kind of chuckled when I read the story bc it's totally something I would've done! I'm glad your feeling okay though

    xoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!